Association Of European Threat Assessment Professionals - AETAP
AETAP is an international non-profit organization committed to the promotion of research on threat assessment and management, the implementation of tools and structures in relation to the topic, teaching and training professionals in threat assessment and management. Threat assessment and management in AETAP is directed towards prevention of targeted violence and interpersonal violence.
Goals And Objectives
- Organising of international conferences on threat assessment for the dissemination of new research, intervention strategies and to provide continued education and networking opportunities.
- Promotion of regional and local workshops on threat assessment.
- Advocacy of structures and facilities based on threat assessment and threat management.
As an association AETAP is directed to professionals who work in the prevention of interpersonal targeted violence through means of threat assessment. Members are professionals who are qualified in threat assessment, or who conduct research on this topic, or are responsible for structures / facilities based on threat assessment.
Becoming A Member
- Professionals applying for membership have to submit to Mr. Bram van der Meer, the President of AETAP:
- Informal membership application
- The application must include a written recommendation by two current members of AETAP
- Provide a CV (curriculum vitae) with professional background, affiliation and professional career
- Provide a list of publications (if possible)
Professionals applying for membership pay an entrance fee of 150 (hundred and fifty) Euros.
Entrance Fee 150,00 €
The annual membership fee is proposed by the Governing Board and is currently 125 (hundred twenty five) Euros.
Annunal Membership Fee 125,00€
Honorary Members do not have to pay the membership fee. The membership fee is due by January 1st of the year following the application.
If any assistance is needed, please contact the association president Bram van der Meer or Associate Members Ms. Justine Glaz-Ocik / Ms. Karoline Roshdi by email. All board addresses are in the form of: firstname.lastname(at)aetap.eu.