Welcome to the Association of European Threat Assessment Professionals
Association Of European Threat Assessment Professionals - AETAP
AETAP is an international non-profit organization committed to the promotion of research on threat assessment and management, the implementation of tools and structures in relation to the topic and teaching and training professionals in threat assessment and management. Threat assessment and management in AETAP is directed towards prevention of targeted violence and interpersonal violence.
Goals And Objectives
- Organising international conferences on threat assessment for the dissemination of new research, intervention strategies and to provide continued education and networking opportunities.
- Promotion of regional and local workshops on threat assessment.
- Advocacy of structures and facilities based on threat assessment and threat management
Threat management is an international field and we are in close contact with the other taps. In addition to certification, we work closely together and represent our work worldwide.
13th AETAP Conference | Budapest, Hungary
Expert Day & Conference 20. – 23. April 2020
Budapest — beautiful city at the Danube. Buda, with its romantic atmosphere on one side, and Pest, a dynamic cultural center on the other. One would have to be sharp to find another city in the world with such beautiful natural settings, rich architectural and historical heritage, offering an unparalleled combination of culture, fine cuisine and thermal baths.
The membership fee currently includes:
- Free access to the „Journal of Threat Assessment and Management“ (JTAM)
- Refunded fees for conferences of all five International Threat Assessment Associations (AETAP, ATAP, CATAP, APATAP and AfTAP) and all global TAP conferences
- 10% discount to many professional threat assessment seminars in Europe
AETAP is a professional European organization where experts in threat assessment and – management congregate in order to increase their knowledge and expertise, and create a forum where they can form alliances and international expert networks. AETAP has close international relationships and working agreements with the Canadian, American, African and Australian-Asian sister organizations.
Mr. Totti Karpela
CEO, Police Sergeant (ret.),
Past AETAP President & International Relations
Mr. Bram van der Meer
Forensic & Investigative Psychologist,
AETAP Quality Standards Committee
Ms. Lieke Bootsma
Investigative Psychologist National Police,
AETAP Newsletter & Research
Mr. Raoul Jaccard
HOD – Psychology at Police Cantonale
AETAP International Relations (french speaking)