Welcome to the Association of European Threat Assessment Professionals
Association Of European Threat Assessment Professionals - AETAP
AETAP is an international non-profit organization committed to the promotion of research on threat assessment and management, the implementation of tools and structures in relation to the topic and teaching and training professionals in threat assessment and management. Threat assessment and management in AETAP is directed towards prevention of targeted violence and interpersonal violence.
Goals And Objectives
- Organising international conferences on threat assessment for the dissemination of new research, intervention strategies and to provide continued education and networking opportunities.
- Promotion of regional and local workshops on threat assessment.
- Advocacy of structures and facilities based on threat assessment and threat management
Threat management is an international field and we are in close contact with the other taps. In addition to certification, we work closely together and represent our work worldwide.
Next conference to be confirmed soon
Dear AETAP members,
Dear colleagues and friends,
Two years in a row we have been forced to postpone our annual conference.
Please bare with us while we look into opportunities and options for next year (2022).
In the meantime, please keep yourself updated with AETAP’s webinar series for 2021.
We will be updating our website in more detail very soon.
Thank you for your patience.
The membership fee currently includes:
- Free access to the „Journal of Threat Assessment and Management“ (JTAM)
- Refunded fees for conferences of all five International Threat Assessment Associations (AETAP, ATAP, CATAP, APATAP and AfTAP) and all global TAP conferences
- 10% discount to many professional threat assessment seminars in Europe
AETAP is a professional European organization where experts in threat assessment and – management congregate in order to increase their knowledge and expertise, and create a forum where they can form alliances and international expert networks. AETAP has close international relationships and working agreements with the Canadian, American, African and Australian-Asian sister organizations.
Mr. Totti Karpela
CEO, Police Sergeant (ret.),
Past AETAP President & International Relations
Mr. Bram van der Meer
Forensic & Investigative Psychologist,
AETAP Quality Standards Committee
Ms. Lieke Bootsma
Investigative Psychologist National Police,
AETAP Newsletter & Research
Mr. Raoul Jaccard
HOD – Psychology at Police Cantonale
AETAP International Relations (french speaking)