The conference will be conducted by local and national experts in the varied areas of disasters to provide resources necessary to move forward after a disaster.
Whether it be natural or human caused, our conference is one of a kind in Oregon and provides behavioral health content applicable to a wide variety of individuals when responding to a disaster.
Keynote: Patricia Smith, From Compassion Fatigue to Compassion Satisfaction: The Journey to Wellness Sessions:
- Cultural Liaisons (focus on partnerships with Tribal communities)
- Ethical Dilemmas
- Faith Traditions
- Youth Suicides
- Faith-Based Organizations
- Cultural Humility
- Emergency Plans-Disaster Behavioral Health
- De-escalation skills post-disaster
- Resources for children
- DBH Triage & Case Management
- Hawaii’s Volcanic Tragedies and Psychological First Aid
- Closing Speaker: David Schonfeld, MD, University of Southern California Children’s Hospital, Director of the National Center for School Crisis and Bereavement
When: February 4-5, 2019
Where: Salem, Oregon: Salem Convention Center
Who: Emergency managers, first responders, counselors, healthcare professionals, public health, religious leaders, and anyone interested in disaster behavioral health.
For more information, please follow this link.